Old Man Winter, lookout for Flora the first Lady Spring! Spring your clocks forward and enjoy longer days and the opportunity for extended outdoor fun.
Here in beautiful Fairhope, AL we want to share with you the many emotional and stunning and simply charming locations in this gorgeous village, situated on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay. We hope to do this with contributions by both professional and amateur photographers and others who live here, or are merely passing by. There are so many things to see and do and experience around this appealing area. Visitors and residents alike love to stroll and linger on the Mobile Bay waterfront, enjoy local rivers, sugar-sand beaches provided by the Gulf of Mexico, and the hundreds of other sights in Lower Alabama, known — as Los Angeles is to millions of people — as LA.
Facts about Fairhope that may make you linger just a little longer:
- Our village was created by a group of hardy souls seeking adventure and being practical, also wanted a “fair hope of success”.
- This experimental community grew, and more than a hundred years later, we have spacious parks, tree-lined pretty neighborhoods and a great and thriving downtown area.
- At around 13,000 people, Fairhope, ALA has come a long way from those “old days”. It’s still entirely unique and keeps a small town ambience that we know you’ll enjoy. There is a huge and very active arts community, terrific community services, great schools, and many wonderful things to experience and look at and take part in.
These celebrities and just plain good folks were born in, or grew up in, or called Fairhope home at some time:
- Singer and songwriter Jimmy Buffett.
- Actress and author Fannie Flagg (Fried Green Tomatoes)
- Winston Groom, who wrote Forrest Gump
- Journalist and Utopian promoter Marie Howland
- Author Mary Lois Timbes
- Author Upton Sinclair
- Boston Red Sox player Dave Stapleton
- Alabama Moon author Watt Key
As you can see, there is no doubt that Fairhope is the inspiration of many of our finest creative and artistic minds and souls. Visit us often, and enjoy some of the fresh and new content which our residents and visitors provide us with.
Fairhope is filled with a collaboration of hidden treasures. From the Parks to the Bay, Historical landmarks as well as precious art. It is the South’s very own Shangri La.
Read more about Fairhope at
Fairhope City Sketches