Gulf Shores Al: Hangout Fest music festival
curtosey of the Alabama Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce & The City of Gulf Shores
Road, beach closures related to the Hangout Music Festival
Gulf Shores, Ala – May 14, 2012 – The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following road and beach closures related to the Hangout Music Festival.
- Highway 59 will close from W. 1st Ave heading south at 11:59 PM on Tuesday, May 15 to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Access to West Beach will be available through Windmill Ridge Rd or by taking W. 1st Ave to W. 3rd St.
- Access eastbound to Orange Beach will be available through the Gulf State Park, Canal Rd or by taking E. 1st Ave to E. 2nd St.
- On Monday, May 21, Highway 59 will reopen at W. 1st Ave for limited exiting traffic beginning at 6:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
- All normal traffic conditions will resume on Tuesday, May 22 at 6:00 AM.
- Public beach access at W. 2nd St. is currently closed.
- The public beach area at Gulf Place will close to the public at 11:59 PM on Tuesday, May 15.
- All residents and visitors are encouraged to utilize other public beach access points including W. 6th St., W. 13th St., Little Lagoon Pass and the Gulf State Park.
- All public beaches will return to normal use on Thursday, May 24.
For more information regarding detours or closures, please contact City Hall at 968-2425.
Share This Amazing Story!